Monday, February 9, 2009

Boys will be boys

So yesterday after church, I was busy making treats to go Visiting Teaching and the kids were playing in the living room. I start to hear what sounds like water running so I go to look and Michael was peeing with purpose on our fireplace hearth. I couldn't believe he would do that. He has been potty trained for over a year but I guess curosity got the best of him yesterday. I told him to go to the bathroom and a few minutes later I had a long talk with him about where pee pee goes and where it doesn't go. Right before I left to go VTing John was giving him a sucker claiming that he was going to watch him with it (as he was yawning and getting comfortable on the couch). So I told Michael, "OK, the sucker only goes in your mouth, It doesn't go on your hand, or on the couch or on the floor, only in your mouth. Just like pee pee only goes in the toilet, the sucker only goes in your mouth." I thought it was great that I was able to bring it up again and make such a grafic description for him. My companion was trying so hard not to laugh.

No comments: