Saturday, October 16, 2010

Vivian Moments

I had to take Vivian to the Doctor yesterday because she has been sick all week. Her fever has been up and down, her eyes have been especially droopy, she started getting a runny nose and then we noticed her pee stunk really bad and just didn't seem normal. So we are sitting in the waiting room and they call her name. She was busy playing on the floor so she yells, "What?" All the nurses start cracking up, I don't think they get that response very often.
So Dr. Lunat checks her tummy (because we think it's a bladder infection) and sends me home with a couple cups to try to get her to pee into and a lab slip to drop it off at the lab when we get the sample. Since it was Friday he also gave me a perscription for amoxicillan in case it is a bladder infection but told me not to start the meds until after she peed in the cup.
So later we picked up John from work and we were talking about how she needs to pee in the cup and we showed her the little cup and then she says, "Yeah I will pee in it and then it will be a pee rattle." We laughed so hard because that is just too hilarious. (Don't worry, no one used the cup as a rattle after, or before, it was peed in)
Michael is such a good big brother.
And this little guy gets put in the weirdest places.
Back to Vivian: She has been getting sick a lot lately and whether this is a bladder infection or not we are headed for round 2 of potty training for her. The first round was unsuccessful because she just doesn't realize when it's about to come or didn't care if she did. We were having 3-5 accidents a day after 2 weeks so we decided to give her a break. It's been 2 or 3 weeks since so this morning when she was finally ready to pee in the cup she told me she needed to go and we rushed to the bathroom and got set up and after a couple minutes she looks at me with big bright eyes and says, "The pee pee is about to come out."
~~~
It was adorable and she has been in underwear all day without an accident until just now. Hopefully this time around it will be successful. I did let her pick out a package of underwear at the store and asked her a lot of times if it was going to help her go potty in the toilet. She already has a Dora chair because she is too tiny for the normal toilet seat (and was kind of scared of it). Because I'm worried about the germs and her getting sick so often has anyone every used the flushable wipes, and would you recommend them or would it be a waste of money? Does anyone have any other tips? What potty training tricks worked for you?

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Lorina- Flushable wipes are an absolute necessity at our house. I would NOT potty train without them. I think they are worth every penny. I usually buy coupons off couponhunter.com when I need to stock back up on wipes. Good luck with the potty training. I have three down only two more to go!! Yeah! I think potty training is the worst part of parenthood:)

Katie and Lane said...

the flushable wipes are great for girls. They have a hard time wiping which can lead to infections down there and that is no fun for them. It sounds like you are having success though. If it doesn't bother you, let her watch you go to the bathroom. I did that with my two girls who potty trained together(2 1/2 and 18months) I wasn't planing on it but the younger one liked to watch her big sister do it and so she caught on right away. Good luck. Don't feel bad about diapers at night. My girls were about 4 by the time they could sleep through the night with out and accident consistently.