Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

Here is Michael's class. Not all of them are kindergartners. This field trip was for the whole synergy program so it does go up to 8th grade but there are very few in higher grades.

This is Michael's favorite teacher Mr. Meade. He teaches the Science class and we see him around a lot as he is highly involved in the Synergy Program.

Michael was making "baa"ing noises the whole time I was taking this picture.

This sign was up all over the farm.

This is on one of the bridges in the Corn Maze. We all went as a group so Mr Meade is the one who was following the map and we didn't make any wrong turns. It was kind of like taking a walk in corn. Not as exciting as getting lost but the way my brain was working (or not working) I wasn't about to wander in there alone. Vivian was terrified of the steps up to the bridge and was even scared during this picture.
Family picture. (Yes I left Theodore home. I didn't want to pay for him too.)

The Tram ride. I think we were supposed to get facts about the farm while we were on this ride. It sure would have made it more interesting because it was only going about 5 miles an hour.

Michael really wanted to sit next to Emma. Too bad he leaned in front of her right as I took the picture. I was excited to get a candid shot of her... it's not easy.

Here is Michael next to Chloe on the Hay Ride. I think we were supposed to receive information on the farm here too but still nothing. At least he was going 10 or 15 miles an hour.
Here is me and Vivian, I don't know why she has her hands in the air. Maybe she thought it was a roller coaster, but I feel terrible for catching this lady scratching her nose.

They had a beautiful Zebra in the petting zoo. I never really though about them being grey before.

Here is Michael petting the Zebra. They kept asking for food to feed them but the whole group was in there at the same time and I figured they were getting enough food for the time being.

Here is Vivian with the baby goats but she kept yanking her hand away before I could get a picture of it.

Here is Michael ready to race. The women with black hair in the plum shirt is his teacher Mrs. Anita.

Here Michael is almost tied with his friend Quinton. Later Michael ended up ahead quite a bit and was very proud of himself for winning the race. I won't be surprised if he tried to rub it in his face next time he sees him. Maybe I should try to prevent that.

Here is Vivian in the Kiddie Land. She was loving this race car. Later she finally went in the bounce house and a minute later she stuck her head out and was like, "I'm doing it mom!" So I gave her a thumbs up so I wasn't yelling across the yard and then she was so adorable giving me a thumbs up back. I love watching her grow up and try new things. She has been making really good strides out of her little shell and I think she knows it.

After they had their fun in the Kiddie Land we walked over to the old town set up they have their to take pictures. Vivian goes in the jail and says, "Ayudeme, ayudame!!" (Which is help in Spanish from Dora)

Michael goes in there and shakes the bars and says "Help, I can't get out, I'm stuck here forever!"
The lighting isn't very good but they were having fun. Michael always liked to look on the other side before he stuck his face in so he knew what he was being.
Here he is getting Vivian something from the store.

Hard at work.

She is so cute and tiny.
I had a lot more pictures but I figured that was plenty to show you our day. We had fun and I enjoyed spending the time with them without distractions from Theodore or anything else. I was surprised how much came with the Field Trip price. I highly recommend everyone go check out Del Osso Farms before Halloween. During a weekday is the best but if you have to go in the evenings or on a Saturday, just be prepared for crowds. We have gone every year for the past 6 years and it gets bigger every time.

No comments: