Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Job

New Years Eve a Sister in our Ward decided to throw a big party. The turnout was really great and I got to talk to several people that I just haven't had the chance to get to know very well, so I had a blast.

I was talking to one of the sisters about her kids (Naomi-8 and Malacai-1.5) She is functioning as a single parent right now and is working full time. She has the older one in before and after school programs and the younger one in day care all day. She had a few concerns about the day care she was using so I offered to take care of him since I am home all day anyways and I live a lot closer to her than where she was taking him before.
I asked John what he thought about the whole thing and he said it was GREAT and that he had been praying for something to come along that would help us financially since we've always been full tithe payers. We decided to try it out that Friday and see how it would work.
Meet Malacai!

He is such a sweet, tongan boy. He is 6 weeks older than Vivian and almost the size of Michael and seems to weigh either the same or more than Michael. My kids love having Malacai come over. Vivian was getting a little tired of Michael not giving her any space to play by herself so now they each have more alone playtime while the other two are playing together.
Sheree (Malacai's mom) drops him off around 8 in the morning and comes to pick him up around 6. She works everyday except everyother monday. It's nice to have one day off that I can schedule my appointments on.
He is such a good nap taker that he just takes a nap on the couch while Michael watches a movie.

One day, a couple weeks ago I also took on watching another friend's 4 kids so I had 7 kids in my house all at once. There was Macey (5 months) don't mistake her for the doll.
Then Chase who is 2. Chase fell asleep in the car before she even dropped them off so he woke up a couple hours later in a strange place.
Then there is Andrew (standing) age 7 and Ty (looking away) age 4 who loved playing rough with Michael. I had put Vivian to sleep before they got there and she ended up sleeping over 4 hours even with all the noise. But I am grateful because she would have been fighting for my attention with all those other kids there too. John brought Pizza home with him so they all enjoyed that and I'm glad because there was no way I was going to try to cook dinner with 7 kids in my house.


These are some pictures of this morning. She is way too much like me with some of her tendencies.
See the bananas lined neatly in a row?
Then I looked back a few minutes later and she had 4 of them stacked on top of eachother but by the time I got the camera she had eaten one and had another one in her hand so there was only 2 left in this picture.
Then I took some more pictures of the cute kids. Malacai looked adorable in this hat.
I love his long hair and wish that Vivian had nice thick, long hair like this.
Aren't they so cute together. When we fisrt moved into this ward before either of them was old enough for nursery we would tease them for flirting and stuff.
Vivian and Malacai are both cuddly and often have to share my lap so that I am not ignoring the other one.
Malacai doesn't use too many words yet but being around Vivian and Michael (who dont' stop talking) is good for him, his language use has picked up a lot the last few weeks.
My adorable princess, I had to snap this picture real quick before she turned the hat around. She prefers to wear it backwards.
And here is Michael still in his favorite Dinasaur pajama's that Nana gave him for Christmas.

I love my new job and we all enjoy having Malacai over to play.

No comments: