Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Boo boo

Yesterday I had another 'horrible mother moment' at the park. Vivian started crying out of no where and I said what I normally do, "Your OK." Another mom that was there told me that she had gotten her finger stuck in the toy. So I was like, "Oh, your OK" again because she had already stopped crying, so it couldn't have been that bad, right?

So then later when I was putting her in the car I saw this huge scab on her thumb with tons of dirt in it. I figured I would be nice and wait till we got home before I attacked her. So after lunch I gave her a bath and poured hydrogen peroxide on it to clean it out. After that she got her very first band aid. (I know that's pretty amazing that it didn't happen sooner having Michael for a brother.)

She was fascinated with it the whole time I was feeding her and even after I put her in her crib. (I wonder how long she played with it before falling asleep?) When I went to go get her up she showed it to me first thing. We talked about it for awhile and it wasn't long before she was saying, "ban-da." She finally was able to get it off while I was cooking dinner.

She is such a sweet girl and so smart. It amazes me how she learns new things every day. And I'm so grateful that her daddy and her brother are turning her into a tough girl, because I am often annoyed at how much of a sissy I am.

2 comments:

janaeg said...

Yeah I know those moments. As far as you feeling like a sissy, I guess that is because you rank in the bottom of a family full of girls. Though your dad did try to toughen you all up with camping and boy scout type stuff.

Bennion Corner said...

Wow! You are an expert at this blog thing. Thanks for leaving a note on my blog. It is great to hear from you. Your family picture is one of the cutest things I have ever seen! I hope that all is going well with all of you.