Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"Mama"


Sometime last week Vivian FINALLY (after much teaching, coaching and encouraging) started saying "Mama!" For some reason she got "Dada" right away. John claims he worked with her on it all the time but I don't remember that. But for the past couple of months it's always been "Dada" as she pats either herself, John, or me on the chest. I think she was using it as any name. But now she finally learned "Mama" and this Mama is very excited about it. She uses it so well that whenever she wakes up she'll stand up in her crib and sing it over and over again until I come get her. But when John comes in the door she still says, "Dada!" So she really is getting the concept right, she's just still confused when she pats on her own chest. I guess we can't expect her to say "Vivian" right off the bat though.

No comments: