Friday, November 14, 2008

Who are you going to be on Halloween Night?

Sorry it has taken me so long to get these up. We had a really fun Halloween and I hope you enjoy our pictures.

These are the treats I made for Play Group the Wednesday before Halloween. They are called Monster Mouths. If you can't tell, it's just apple slices with peanut butter and candycorn for teeth. They were pretty messy with the kids, but I have to say... they were absolutely delicious.

We decided to stick with a Hero theme but with a kind of weird twist. Michael was Batman (Hero that protects the innocent and makes sure Justice is served). Vivian was a Love-A-Lot Bear (Hero that saves children from uncaring feelings). I was a Soldier (Hero who fights for and protects our Freedom).
And John was Captain America. A Marval Hero that isn't quite as well known as the others. Captain America protects our country. I made his costume the night before. It's not as good as it could be had I had more time but you all get the idea.

We went to go Visit John's work so that all his co-workers could see the kids in their costumes. This is the only picture we got with Vivian's hood on.
Michael opening the door to the building where Daddy used to work.
That evening when I was getting his costume back on he said, Batman wants to go on top of the town. I didn't really understand what he was saying at first but after I got it all on, He went strait over to his play house/park/gym thing. So this is a picture of Batman on top of the "Town."
Then we headed over to our Ward's Trunk-or-Treat Halloween Party. Vivian somehow got ahold of this.
Here they are bowling while daddy when out to decorate the car (sorry I didn't get a picture of the car but it wasn't anything fancy).

Here is a slide show of some of the other cool costumes we saw there. (I couldn't get it to post properly so just click on the link and it will take you there)

http://www.slide.com/r/2ouPiaKl0z-iTotU1mdrOgTWyKa4HccB?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

2 comments:

Melanie Toutai said...

Vivian is getting so big! And it looks like Michael just LOVED his costume! How fun!

..Kris Naven.. said...

You guys all look so cute! And don't worry, I could totally tell who John was! I know my Super Heroes! We were all Super Heroes for Halloween too! It was so much fun!!! Glad you guys had fun too!!!